Designed as part of a complete course for the beginning/intermediate learner (Level II Package).
Introduction to the Tibetan Language – Level II Workbook
Beyond the alphabet: Learning how Simple Tibetan Phrases & Sentences Work
The goal of our students is to be able to read and understand their Dharma prayers and texts in Tibetan. With this in mind, Lama David Curtis has designed the Introduction to Tibetan Language, Level II, 2nd Edition, with Glossary: A People’s Guide to Classical Tibetan, The Sacred Language of Tibetan Buddhism (2021) as part of a complete Level II Package for the intermediate beginning learner.
In this Level II Workbook, we progress to learn some of the basics of Tibetan grammar and acquire more vocabulary with an emphasis on Buddhist words that we find in such texts as the Heart Sutra, the Chenrezig Sadhana, and Shantideva’s Engaging in the Conduct of the Bodhisattva, as well as in the oral teachings of the Lamas.
- Learn more about how words are formed in Tibetan
- Be introduced to how phrases are constructed
- Be introduced to how clauses and sentences are constructed
The workbook is designed to be student-friendly. Learning Tibetan can be very fun & meaningful!
- Each of the 10 lessons include a grammar section, a vocabulary section, and exercises to help the student internalize the topics presented.
- Included are several appendices to enhance the learning experience:
- A Tibetan-English glossary
- An English-Tibetan glossary
- Drills corresponding to each lesson
- Calligraphy practice pages
|Dimensions||8.75 × 11 × .5 in|
Tibetan Language Institute