- You cannot add "Level III DVD - Introduction to Tibetan Language" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
- Sort by Name
Our text is P'a Dampa's final teaching to his students in Ding Ri. Revered for nearly a thousand years by lamas and practitioners, his teaching contains practical and profound advice that still speaks to us today. The workbook contains the English translation, workbook pages for the student, an interlinear translation, and reading practice pages.
This Translation Workbook focuses on an excerpt from a prayer to Tara written by Gendun Drupa who posthumously became known as the First Dalai Lama. The original work is entitled Praise to the Venerable Lady Khadiravani Tara (legs dris ma in Tibetan).
Completing the Level II Course, students are empowered to delve deeper into their study of Tibetan using various TLI reader/translation workbooks. As with previous courses, the group reads and studies a Classical Tibetan text such as the Heart Sutra in conjunction with the study of The Divine Tree Grammar Poem and Commentary. With Lama David as your experienced guide, we will study in an integrated manner to learn more about Tibetan grammar and vocabulary, as well as about Tibetan Buddhism.
Become a better reader of Tibetan and engage more deeply with authentic Dharma teachings. Although written a thousand years ago by Kadampa spiritual mentor Geshe Langri Thangpa, the 8 Verses remains a brilliant lojong teaching that speaks right to our hearts in these challenging times. This a teaching that is still enthusiastically embraced by all lineages of Tibetan Buddhism. It has been taught by the 14th Dalai Lama, Lama Zopa Rinpoche, and most recently by Anam Thubten Rinpoche. Our workbook also has additional 4-line verses from various texts having to do with compassionate development of bodhicitta (the Heart of Awakening): a prayer from the Green Tara Sadhana, a verse from chapter 9 of Shantideva’s Engaging in the Conduct of the Bodhisattva, and a prayer from the Chenrezig Sadhana.
This learner-friendly package was designed for students who can read the Tibetan script and use the Tibetan-English dictionary. The package includes the following items:
- Heart Sutra Translation Workbook 2nd ed.
- Tibetan-English Heart Sutra Flash Cards
- Tibetan English Dharma Vocabulary
An excellent resource for developing your translation skills in Tibetan.
Out of stockComposed in the 8th century, this text becomes richer and richer with each reading--it combines those rare qualities of scholastic precision, spiritual depth, and poetical beauty.
Chapter 3 directly addresses bodhicitta—this altruistic aspiration. The purpose of this workbook is to provide beginning reading students with a better idea of what is being said in Tibetan and to see how the Tibetan is structured. Delve into this most important Tibetan text.
Out of stockWith TLI’s Way of the Bodhisattva Reader/Translation Package, English-speaking students
- Can further their understanding of Classical Tibetan
- Can deepen their understanding of the BuddhaDharma
This Chapter 10 translation workbook includes:
- 4 Verses of Tibetan per page, with English translation on facing page
- Reading practice pages
- Annotated Tibetan-English Glossary
- Appendices: Abbreviations; Verb Classes; Table of Contents for the Tibetan text of the Divine Tree Grammar Poem.
This small booklet includes:
- The entire Tibetan text on one page
- A line by line translation on the facing page
- It is an excellent companion to TLI’s 37 Practices of Bodhisattvas Translation Workbook.