- Sort by Date
This small booklet includes:
- The entire Tibetan text on one page
- A line by line translation on the facing page
- It is an excellent companion to TLI’s 37 Practices of Bodhisattvas Translation Workbook.
This Chapter 10 translation workbook includes:
- 4 Verses of Tibetan per page, with English translation on facing page
- Reading practice pages
- Annotated Tibetan-English Glossary
- Appendices: Abbreviations; Verb Classes; Table of Contents for the Tibetan text of the Divine Tree Grammar Poem.
This learner-friendly package was designed for students who can read the Tibetan script and use the Tibetan-English dictionary. The package includes the following items:
- Heart Sutra Translation Workbook 2nd ed.
- Tibetan-English Heart Sutra Flash Cards
- Tibetan English Dharma Vocabulary
This package is intended for those who can read the Tibetan uchen script. It includes:
- The Tibetan-English Dharma Vocabulary (as instructed by Kalu Rinpoche). This book is laid out so that you can easily learn essential topics that are heard often from Lamas and Rinpoches during Dharma talks. The Four Noble Truths, Twelve Interdependent Links of Causation, Four Obscurations, Three Bodies of a Buddha plus much, much more.
- The Tibetan Sadhana Vocabulary by Dr. Cathy Kielsmeier. This book helps you learn the basic words that are found in seven common sadhanas or practice texts of the Tibetan Buddhist tradition.
Having completed the Introduction to the Tibetan Language – Level II Workbook, you are now ready to go deeper into how Tibetan sentences are structured. This study package gives students tools to unpack much of the grammar found in Tibetan texts and prayers:
- A traditional Tibetan work, The Divine Tree Grammar Poem Translation Workbook: The Essence of Thonmi Sambhota’s Treatise in Thirty Verses. The Divine Tree is a 99-line Tibetan mnemonic poem which teaches the basic rules of Tibetan grammar. Learn it by heart using the accompanying CD.
- An excellent modern grammar textbook, John Rockwell, Jr.’s A Primer of Classical Literary Tibetan. This study tool has two volumes.
- Volume I: The Grammar which includes not only grammar but also much Dharma vocabulary and sentences geared toward Tibetan philosophy, Tibetan psychology, and Tibetan culture.
Sale!With TLI’s Way of the Bodhisattva Reader/Translation Package, English-speaking students
- Can further their understanding of Classical Tibetan
- Can deepen their understanding of the BuddhaDharma
Become a better reader of Tibetan and engage more deeply with authentic Dharma teachings. Although written a thousand years ago by Kadampa spiritual mentor Geshe Langri Thangpa, the 8 Verses remains a brilliant lojong teaching that speaks right to our hearts in these challenging times. This a teaching that is still enthusiastically embraced by all lineages of Tibetan Buddhism. It has been taught by the 14th Dalai Lama, Lama Zopa Rinpoche, and most recently by Anam Thubten Rinpoche. Our workbook also has additional 4-line verses from various texts having to do with compassionate development of bodhicitta (the Heart of Awakening): a prayer from the Green Tara Sadhana, a verse from chapter 9 of Shantideva’s Engaging in the Conduct of the Bodhisattva, and a prayer from the Chenrezig Sadhana.