- "The Way of the Bodhisattva Reader/Translation Package" cannot be added to your cart. "The Way of the Bodhisattva Ch 1: "The Excellence of Bodhicitta" by Shantideva: Translation Workbook" is out of stock.
- Sort by Date
Become a better reader of Tibetan and engage more deeply with authentic Dharma teachings. The Three Princpal Aspects of the Path by Je Tsongkhapa (1357-1419) is a concise and beautifully crafted text, rich in Buddhist philosophical meaning. In just 14 verses, it offers a brief, highly-polished summary of the path (lamrim) to enlightenment. The Three Principal Aspects of the Path can be regarded as a highly condensed version of the Lamrim Chenmo, Tsongkhapa's magnum opus. Despite being over 600 years old, it is still an important text in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition.
This small booklet includes:
- The entire Tibetan text on one page
- A line by line translation on the facing page
- It is an excellent companion to TLI’s 37 Practices of Bodhisattvas Translation Workbook.
This Chapter 10 translation workbook includes:
- 4 Verses of Tibetan per page, with English translation on facing page
- Reading practice pages
- Annotated Tibetan-English Glossary
- Appendices: Abbreviations; Verb Classes; Table of Contents for the Tibetan text of the Divine Tree Grammar Poem.
This learner-friendly package was designed for students who can read the Tibetan script and use the Tibetan-English dictionary. The package includes the following items:
- Heart Sutra Translation Workbook 2nd ed.
- Tibetan-English Heart Sutra Flash Cards
- Tibetan English Dharma Vocabulary
This package is intended for those who can read the Tibetan uchen script. It includes:
- The Tibetan-English Dharma Vocabulary (as instructed by Kalu Rinpoche). This book is laid out so that you can easily learn essential topics that are heard often from Lamas and Rinpoches during Dharma talks. The Four Noble Truths, Twelve Interdependent Links of Causation, Four Obscurations, Three Bodies of a Buddha plus much, much more.
- The Tibetan Sadhana Vocabulary by Dr. Cathy Kielsmeier. This book helps you learn the basic words that are found in seven common sadhanas or practice texts of the Tibetan Buddhist tradition.
Sale!Four sets of flash cards in this package, beautifully laid out with Tibetan on one side and English on the other:
Having completed the Introduction to the Tibetan Language – Level II Workbook, you are now ready to go deeper into how Tibetan sentences are structured. Experience the joy of learning to read your texts and prayers in Tibetan!
Out of stockWith TLI’s Way of the Bodhisattva Reader/Translation Package, English-speaking students
- Can further their understanding of Classical Tibetan
- Can deepen their understanding of the BuddhaDharma
Sale!Enhance your understanding of the Dharma by reading in Tibetan many of the prayers you may already be familiar with. Save $10 when ordering the Tibetan Language Reader, Parts I and II together.
Sale!Save $30 when you order the Level I Package and Level II Package and Level III Package together! There is also considerable savings on postage when ordering the Super Bundle. Classical Tibetan learning materials for Dharma students.
Become a better reader of Tibetan and engage more deeply with authentic Dharma teachings. Although written a thousand years ago by Kadampa spiritual mentor Geshe Langri Thangpa, the 8 Verses remains a brilliant lojong teaching that speaks right to our hearts in these challenging times. This a teaching that is still enthusiastically embraced by all lineages of Tibetan Buddhism. It has been taught by the 14th Dalai Lama, Lama Zopa Rinpoche, and most recently by Anam Thubten Rinpoche. Our workbook also has additional 4-line verses from various texts having to do with compassionate development of bodhicitta (the Heart of Awakening): a prayer from the Green Tara Sadhana, a verse from chapter 9 of Shantideva’s Engaging in the Conduct of the Bodhisattva, and a prayer from the Chenrezig Sadhana.